Oil and Gas Jobs
Principal Physicist - Houston, TX
The Staff Scientist will work at an advanced level demonstrating knowledge of math and physics. The Staff Scientist will be required to mathematically model tools by computer programming and perform experiments to verify models. This position will also perform various other duties, projects and activities as assigned by the manager within the physical constraints of the job.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design downhole tools.
- Construct mathematical models of downhole Wireline / LWD tools.
- Design and perform experiments to verify models.
- Construct data reduction algorithms to transform raw tool data to engineering units suitable for customer requirements.
- Communicate effectively through verbal and written feedback the analytical data and findings.
- Comply with Company Training and requirements via Employee Connect.
- Know and understand Company’s Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Company.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent knowledge of math and physics.
- Ability to develop sensor physics models and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to work closely with fellow employees and clients.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow oral instructions, interpret a variety of instructions and solve practical problems.
- Computer operation skills.
- Masters degree in physics or math.
- 10+ years experience modeling Wireline and / or LWD tools in an R&D environment.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Advanced knowledge of the state of the art in Wireline and / or LWD downhole tools.
- Graduate or PHD Degree in Physics or Math.
- 15+ years experience designing and modeling Wirleine and/or LWD tools in an R&D environment.
- Expert in computer programming.
- Significant experience working with technical, sales and or geological personnel.
If you are interested please contact Mike Vineyard at: